Europeana, Google's Niantic Labs and three partner memory institutions in Sweden, Estonia and Poland have successfully completed a pilot project to integrate curated cultural content in Google's Field Trip app
- The Historiana Learning Section is the History Education Pilot from the Europeana Creative Project.
Ajapaik (translated from Estonian to English as 'Timepatch') is a location based site inviting users to look around and add metadata to historical images. It also adds a social and competitive element, with points awarded for contributions made.
- The Culture Collage MS Office App allows easy embedding of images, together with their associated descriptions and license information, directly into documents such as Powerpoint presentations.
- VanGoYourself is a genuinely different and surprisingly deep way for visitors to engage with heritage, based on emotion, playfulness and curiosity: recreate a painting or historic photo with your friends, then upload and share your photograph, twinned with the original, for others to enjoy.
- Explore sounds from across Europe and help enrich them with contextual information and audio-visual media.
- The Secret Legacy is part of the Europeana Creative Natural History Education Pilot.
- Memory Match – Natural History Edition, is an educational game combining the classic memory game of finding pairs with a quiz game testing player’s knowledge of natural history.
- The Culture Cam tool offers a non-text based visual search interface to European cultural heritage.
- The purpose of this small project is to show art as a series of connections, using a different kind of data visualisation. The example starts with the artist. From there we link to cultural heritage institutions. And finally we can view the object itself.
Explore our showcase of applications using the Europeana APIs and re-usable content. Discover tools to get you started, or browse our directory of open source software.