- The purpose of this small project is to show art as a series of connections, using a different kind of data visualisation. The example starts with the artist. From there we link to cultural heritage institutions. And finally we can view the object itself.
PostcodePast is a prototype geotagging tool to allow people to discover and geotag items and deliver an open repository of data.
- CulturePics provides custom images from the world's cultural collections.
- Europeana Beacon was the winner of the Apps for Europe award at Hack4Pisa, October 2014.
Serendip-o-matic connects your sources to digital materials located in libraries, museums, and archives around the world.
- The online portal of the Swedish National Heritage Board (SOCH) www.kringla.nu allows users to search in both the national heritage repository 'SOCH' and the Europeana repository presenting the search results in different tabs.
The National Library of Spain has implemented the Europeana API in their online portal, Biblioteca Digital Hispánica. The portal now enables their users to access related Europeana content via a single link on their search results header. http://labs.europeana.eu/apps/biblioteca
- TuoMuseo was one of the winning entries in the Hack4Pisa event in October 2014.
- Culture Grid opens up a wealth of information from museums, galleries, libraries and archives: giving greater access to UK culture, arts and heritage. It is also an aggregator, powering UK collections into Europeana. On their own search portal they have used the Europeana API to offer users extended search results from across Europe.
Wandora is a general purpose information extraction, management and publishing application based on Topic Maps and Java.
Explore our showcase of applications using the Europeana APIs and re-usable content. Discover tools to get you started, or browse our directory of open source software.