In April we added over 1 million new items to Europeana. The majority of these new collections are openly licensed and re-usable.
Each month sees a wealth of new content added (we now have over 33 million items available) so here on Europeana Labs we feature datasets that we think will be of particular interest for re-use. Crucially these have an open license and direct access to media files.
Explore the latest datasets
In our data section each featured dataset has a link to the main site (the Europeana Portal) where you can browse items, filter by your own terms, and follow links to the source material.
Recent examples of re-usable datasets
- the entire Rijksmuseum dataset - more than 110,000 paintings, drawings, statues and other works of art
- fossils, minerals, fishes and other natural history objects from Národní Muzeum - more than 8,000 images of specimens and their labels
- images of insects from the Zoological Research Museum, Koenig - almost 3,000 images of insects with additional scientific information on scanned labels
- Historic events in paintings from the Amsterdam Museum - a carefully selected group of 212 paintings depicting notable historic events
- or see all of our featured datasets (currently 27)
Browse datasets by themes
Datasets for API users
Within each dataset entry there's a link to the API Console, a place to see how API calls are constructed and where you can play around with your own variants to extract custom data.
You'll also find more techniques in our documentation on Querying Providers and Datasets using the Europeana API